Effective Date: June 3, 2020
Last Reviewed on: June 3, 2020
This CA Privacy Notice applies solely to all visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California. However, it does not apply to the following:
- Personal information collected about a natural person in the course of that person acting as a job applicant to, an employee of, owner of, director of, officer of, medical staff member of, or contractor of Lucky Day (“Employment Relationship), to the extent that the personal information is collected and used within the Employment Relationship.
- Personal information reflecting a written or verbal communication or transaction between the business and a consumer, where the consumer is a natural person who is acting as an employee, owner, director, officer, or contractor of a company, partnership, sole proprietorship, non-profit, or government agency and whose communications or transactions with the business occur solely within the context of the business conducting due diligence regarding, or providing or receiving a product or service to or from such company, partnership, sole proprietorship, nonprofit or government agency.
Information We Collect
Lucky Day collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information“). Personal information does not include publicly available information, information that is deidentified or aggregate consumer information, or information excluded from the CCPA’s scope. For purposes of the CA Privacy Notice, we will make reference to the enumerated categories of personal information described in the CCPA. These are:
- Identifiers: For example, a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- “Sensitive Data” (Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) ): Including a name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. (Note: Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories).
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law. Including age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
- Commercial information: For example, records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Biometric information: Includes, but is not limited to, imagery of the iris, retina, fingerprint, face, hand, palm, vein patterns, and voice recordings, from which an identifier template, such as a faceprint, a minutiae template, or a voiceprint, can be extracted, and keystroke patterns or rhythms, gait patterns or rhythms, and sleep, health, or exercise data that contain identifying information.
- Internet or other similar network activity: Including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data.
- Sensory data: Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Professional or Employment Related Information.
- Student Records: Non-public education information per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99). For example, education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
- Inferences: Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Lucky Day has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|Category||Collected?||Business or Commercial Purpose for Collection||Sources of Personal Information||Third-Parties With Whom We Share Personal Information|
Name (first and last), Postal Address (including country, state, and city), email address, IP address, username, social ID or similar identifier.
|Yes||Responding to inquiries; verifying customer information; maintaining or servicing accounts; providing customer service; responding to technical questions; counting ad impressions to unique visitors; providing advertising or marketing services; fulfilling orders, processing payments, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity (or legal prosecution).||Consumers (including from the consumers’ devices); sales representatives; parent corporation; affiliates.||Third-party sales representatives; service providers; parent corporation; affiliates.|
Name, address, telephone number.
|Yes||Responding to inquiries; verifying customer information; maintaining or servicing accounts; providing customer service; responding to technical questions; processing payment, providing customer service, providing advertising or marketing services; protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity (or legal prosecution).||Consumers (including from the consumers’ devices); sales representatives; parent corporation; affiliates.||Third-party sales representatives; service providers; parent corporation; affiliates.|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||No||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Commercial information:||Yes||Maintaining or servicing accounts; providing customer service; providing payments; providing financing; processing or fulfilling orders and transactions; verifying customer information; providing advertising or marketing services; counting ad impressions to unique visitors.||Consumers (including from the consumers’ devices); sales representatives; advertisers; suppliers; manufacturers; affiliates.||Third-party sales representatives; service providers; parent corporation; affiliates; advertising networks.|
Customer service voice recordings.
|Yes||Providing customer service.||Consumers.||Third-party sales representatives; service providers, parent corporation; affiliates.|
|Internet or other similar network activity:
Information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
|Yes||Auditing related to a current interaction with a consumer; detecting security incidents; short-term, transient use; performance of services on behalf of Lucky Day; counting ad impressions to unique visitors; research for technological development and demonstration; improve, upgrade or enhance the service or device that is owned or controlled by Lucky Day.||Consumers (including from the consumers’ devices), parent corporation, affiliates.||Third-party sales representatives; parent corporation; affiliates; advertising networks; internet service providers; data analytics providers; operating systems and platforms.|
|Geolocation data.||Yes||Providing advertising and marketing services.||Consumers (including from the consumers’ devices), parent corporation, affiliates.||Third-party sales representatives; parent corporation; affiliates; advertising networks; internet service provider; data analytics providers; operating systems and platforms.|
|Professional or employment-related information.||No||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Yes||Improving and providing Services, maintaining or servicing application; responding to technical or usage questions; counting ad impressions to unique visitors; other analytics.||Consumers (including from the consumers’ devices).||Service providers; affiliates; parent corporation.|
In addition, we may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, or at your direction.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Lucky Day assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Lucky Day about our consumers is among the assets transferred.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Lucky Day has disclosed or sold personal information for business or commercial purposes.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
- Access Rights: You have the right to request that Lucky Day disclose what personal information about you it collects, uses, discloses, and sells.
- Deletion Request Rights: You have the right to request that Lucky Day delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
To exercise the access and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us=:
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only you, or a person that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. Upon submitting a request, we will attempt to verify your identity by matching the identifying information provided by you (or your authorized representative) to the personal information already maintained by us. The type of information you must provide depends on the type of request you make. Alternatively, we may use a third party verification service to verify your identity. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the personal information relates to you.
- The Right to Opt-Out/Opt-In to Sale of Your Personal Information: If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). We do not knowingly collect, retain, use, or sell personal information from anyone under the age of 16.
To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by visiting contact us via email at email@example.com.
- The Right Against Discrimination: You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by Lucky Day for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
If you are using an authorized agent to submit a request to know or request to delete, you must provide the authorized agent written permission to do so. Written permission must be submitted to Lucky Day as part of the verification process and the agent must also verify their own identity with us using the verification methods described above. We may deny requests from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by the consumer to act on their behalf.
Consumers with Disabilities
A consumer with a disability may access this notice in an alternative format by contacting us using the contact information provided below.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email or message to the addresses below.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Lucky Day reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which Lucky Day collects and uses your information described, your choices and rights regarding such use, wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Postal Address: 9777 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 800, Beverly Hills, CA 90212